22.4.13

The Swedish Sphinx

Where and how should I begin? The only way to understand Garbo is to invoke the muses... all nine of them. And I fear that too won't be enough to comprehend this cryptic sibyl. She is Queen Christina, she is Anna Karenina, Mata Hari, the Wild Orchid, the Divine, the Temptress and above all the Mysterious. Ill-fated and melancholic, always, she tries to hide her feelings behind her chalkwhite Chaplin-esque mask, but her eyes never lie... it all comes screaming out; blue captured in black. Her voice too is lost in silence but she never lies. And I love her. 


A sketch of Greta Garbo I did earlier this year.

6 comments:

kemvrios said...

more than a sketch.

Benjamin said...

Thank you! Do you think I should post more?
Frankly speaking, I've got a bunch of recent works piled up.

kemvrios said...

yes, of course, don't hide your talent!

Heaven said...

She is quite a woman ~ Lovely sketch ~

Benjamin said...

She is my favorite actress!

Benjamin said...

OK. Haha.