3.4.12

LOLITA Ya Ya...Posters On The Wall

Spent the weekend putting up posters on the wall. I'm a big fan of LOLITA, both the novel and the two movie adaptations. Collecting classic cinema posters has become my latest addiction.




"Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta. She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita. Did she have a precursor? She did, indeed she did. In point of fact, there might have been no Lolita at all had I not loved, one summer, an initial girl-child. In a princedom by the sea."

                                                                                          — Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita, Part One, Ch. 1

6 comments:

Joslin said...

Looks good! I've never read/seen Lolita before. I'll have to add it to my read list.

Benjamin Karam said...

@Joslin You should definitely read/see it. There are two versions of the movie though Lolita (1962) by Stanley Kubrick and Lolita (1997) by Adrian Lyne. Both are excellent movies.

Anonymous said...

i'm jealous. your interests seem to be so wide and into good things.

Benjamin Karam said...

I do these things to keep me occupied else I'll go crazy.

capricorn voyager said...

How did they ever make that movie? Last I checked, lolita had to do with some pretty provocative subject matter.

Benjamin Karam said...

Stanley Kubrick made it into a comedy-drama. He somehow removed all the explicit scenes.