28.3.14

The 27th State

I picked up twenty seven books from several used book stores about two weeks ago. It is an elective collection which includes a variety of genres ranging from pulp to trashy to historical and a few critical studies. There is also among them a little french novella titled 'Les petits enfants du siecle' by Christine Rochefort. I don't know why I even bought it; I can't even read french. Maybe it's because I liked the vertical notes and phrase translations done with pencil and black ball point pen by the previous owner of the book that I found while filliping through the book at the store. Perhaps that was the clincher. Old markings are always outrageously romantic. At least for me they are.

Well, here they are - my new children. It looks like an interesting year for me ahead.

Wish you all a great summer.

Cheers
Benzy


0 comments: