21.8.13

Kamasutra And A Little Horror

I started out early and took the morning shuttle, which to my surprise was filled with Sunday church goers and arrived at Old Delhi station some fifteen minutes later. Train rides are interesting, it is all uncomfortable silence and cold stares. After four flights of escalators and a quick stop at the help desk I stepped outside and waited for a ride. As usual the taxi driver tried to pull a fast one on me in vain. They still think I'm a foreigner here. When will they learn? Ten minutes later I was maneuvering myself through the byzantine alleys of Old Delhi following the scent of old books and forgotten dreams.

I finally picked up a copy of Kamasutra, and just to kill time two Stephen King novels as well. A fiend of mine has been urging me to read Stephen King for months and I guess luck was on my side because I found these two orphaned books at a secondhand book stall at Daryaganj and decided to adopt them as well. 



0 comments: