1.1.10

New Year, Old Song

Started the New Year with an old song.

"The Green Green Grass Of Home" by Tom Jones.

There's nothing like an old song on such a fine New Year's day and the knowledge that the ones I love are safe back home, back on the green green grass.

I'm not making any resolutions whatsoever this New Year. I don't want to make any promises that I know I can't keep. Exams are only three days ahead. Ok, let's forget about the exams for a while. We both know it'll come and go just like any other; and whatever happens in between stays in between.

I want to thank all of my old friends who took the trouble of tracking down my number and calling me up to wish me a happy new year. And Oh! I want to thank my lovely sister as well for calling me up, and Miss S. who remembered me after all these years. Happy New Year to you all.

Happy New Year, Anne.

0 comments: