30.1.11

Nothing Has Changed In This World

This morning I was basking in the sun reading Dickens and I felt relaxed and sleepy so I placed the book on my face between page 46 and 47. It was a paperback edition and I saw a thin line glowing between the two pages where the spine was. The sun had fallen on my face and that very moment I came to the realization that thirty days into the New Year and nothing has changed. I'm still lost and it seems to me that wherever I go I don't seem to fit. So I’m still here, waiting, wishing. What could be there in store for me? My mind tells me something and my heart wants something else entirely. But I plan on staying focused with whatever I do from now on because I’ve realized one thing, this world doesn’t look for creativity or talent, it asks for degrees and diplomas. Without those "they" don’t care how brilliant you are, and frankly I don’t care what they think.

0 comments: