18.9.12

Film, Literature and Tenessee Williams

I'm gonna drown myself in Tenessee Williams these coming weeks. I have been looking for an opportunity to actually sit down and read Tenessee Williams since 2009, but between college and chores I never chance to do thus. I finally got hold of his books last week, a bulk of his oeuvre along with a few critical study.




I have also been reading a few books on film and literature these past few weeks, picking out essays of my interest. I was quite surprised and happy to find François Truffaut's character Antoine Doinel (Jean-Pierre Léaud) discussed in Timothy Corrigan's essay 'Pens, Pulp and the Crisis of the Word, 1940-1960'. Truffaut's collection five films 'The Adventures of Antoine Doinel' consists some of the finest films not only in French cinema but in the whole history of cinema. The closing film of the series, 1979's L'amour en fuite (Love on the Run) is a personal  favorite of mine. Jean-Pierre Léaud delivers an unforgettable performance and I can never forget Dorothée's smile either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to take some time out to read too, he's also on my list of authors to read.

benzy said...

Maybe we can discuss his plays too, sometime soon.